View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #17
Shandysplace

Default Physical fitness/Fix it yourself skills

We purchased our 3326 new in 11/07 and have very much enjoyed our few trips since then.

Based on this experience we would offer the following suggestions to any couple considering the purchase of a new TM:

Handling a TM requires a certain amount of physical fitness. Can both of you easily squat and stand up again with a minimum of pain/strain to your feet/legs and knees as well as not having any trouble crawling around maintaining/checking the underside of your TM. This is a problem for both of us: Andy is a triple bybass patient and overweight. He tires easily. I'm in better shape, but can barely squat and have knees that aren't in the best of shape. Andy is 71 and I'm 64.

The next issue is maintainence. If you both as a matter of routine maintain your own home (can troubleshoot/repair the most common plumbing/electrical issues), then combined w/the information on this forum, you should to fine not to mention actually enjoying tinkering with and possibly modifying your TM as many on this forum do.

Andy is not the least bit handy and neither am I. We just lost our dealer and the nearest one is over 2 hours away. If anything breaks or malfunctions we have to pay someone to repair it.

So from our perspetive if you're in reasonably good shape for your age and you're handy maintaining/repairing everyday issues of this type that owning your own home requires, then you're going to love your TM.