Thread: returned check
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Mike Laupp -

Thanks for picking up on this. I've been ourt of town for a couple days, but I alerted Chris to the problem today.

As for Paypal, I use it routinely BUT I have modified the form of payment to a credit card that I use exclusively for PayPal. That gives me two layers of protection - if PayPal does something I don't like, I can dispute the payment with the credit card people.

Spam? It is a fact of life. I don't how they get it, but they do, and I have railed against companies that I was sure had sold my data. I conducted an experiment a couple years ago. I signed up for two throw-away email addresses on Yahoo on the same day, certain that Yahoo would sell my info. I posted a couple random messages using one address. I never used the other. Sure enough, within 24 hours the spam came rolling in to the first address. I have never received a single email, spam or otherwise, on the second address. So in this case, simply using the address was enough to get on the spam lists - and NOT using it was enough to keep me off. Yahoo didn't sell it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote