View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 07:09 AM   #7
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Dyer View Post
  • How do you think TM resale value will hold up in the coming months?
  • How robust is the manufacturer? Do you think they'll be here to service your rig and source spare parts?
  • If you were to sell your rig, how would you price it? NADA book? Book minus discount? How much discount?
I think Trailmanor resale values will increase as people look for cheaper alternatives to their conventional campers, without having to go back to canvas (that should cover both tents and popups).

I took a factory tour last week while my TM was being looked over and tuned. There is a big "Now Hiring" sign hanging by the main sign at the entrance. My tour guide said that sign has been there for the last couple of years, except for a month or 2 at the beginning of this year when they had finally caught up with orders. The factory has the capacity to produce about 25% more units than they now do, but can't get the person-power to go to that volume. In seeing the factory, I think Trailmanor is a well run, family business that will be around for a long time. I am not concerned about not being able to get parts and support on my TM in the future.

I think NADA book value is a starting point for resale values. If you have a basic unit that is in average shape, that might be the price to see where it gets you. For me, I would take that price and add on for: condition, 15" tire upgrade, D&S screen door, complete WDH setup, new dinette upholstery, recent factory tuneup, etc........you can probably get the picture.

This is Chap, and I approved this message.