View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 06:22 AM   #19
LittleRhodey

Default Other thoughts

Although several of you have said that you don't use the awning, we did not have ours delivered with one, and I miss having it. We have been camping in cold, wet, rainy weather two times already, and I don't like getting wet the second I open the door. Also the camping books we store in the door get wet. And I would like to get a mat for outside the door to limit tracked in dirt from our 6 year old and others. As for the cabinets in front, we use them for games, DVD's, bird and plant guides, and binoculars. It is just right for our 6 year old to store her little things.

It's funny. If you don't have it, you wish you had it. And if you have it, you wish you hadn't bothered. I think the real reason for the discrepancy between owners is the varied locations you use your TM. Here in the Northeast, we need the awning, mat, and AC. In CA, AZ or CO, the weather is very different and you have different needs. For example, since we got our TM last month, we have never camped without turning on the furnace. It has been down to the 30's a majority of nights. And yet I anticipate using the AC in Ohio this July.

That all being said, we love our TM!