Thread: 2619 or 2720?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
ng2951

Default 2619 or 2720?

Hello,

My wife and I have been out and actually operated a few TM 2619s, and 2720SLs. We have the 2.4L Toyota Tacoma (manual transmission) which is suppose to be OK up to the 3023.

Our plan is to use the TM for CAS (Cowboy Action Shooting) at the various ranges around the US. We will be traveling with two pets, including one subbornly unhousebroken dachshund!

After trying out the various TMs we feel we that the double beds are adequate in the 2619...that is if the dachshund does not demand her third of the bed. The 2720 (not the SL or SD) is a better fit for us since it does have one queen bed.

So the wife, or pardette as they are called in CAS, and I have a few questions:

1. How well do the TMs hold up?

2. It appears that TMs lose about well over 50% of their retail value in 10 years. Is that typical for TMs? Typical for trailers in general? Or is there some other reason for this?

3. Though TM says you can haul up to a 3023, that really looks like it would be pushing it. Why is TM generous with their rating?

4. One of my concerns with the TM over say a Hi-Lo is the two piece roof. Have you ever had to replace the roof gasket and how difficult and expensive is it?

5. Is it better to store your TM in the open or closed position? Where I live, I can do either. It at least makes sense to me, that the open position keeps tension off the spring lift mechanism which might increase their life span.

6. Is the lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism transferable? If you buy one used, does the warranty move with the unit?

7. The 2619 just meets our needs, the 2720 easily meets the needs. We actually like the 2619's floorplan over the 2720SL/SD better (why we like the 2720 better). Is there anything you like about the different units, especially in the used markets?

8. Finally, one of the big reasons we are thinking about the TM and Hi-Lo is the fuel economy aspect. It is certainly at least logical to buy into the claim that aerodynamic efficiency would reduce fuel consumption. Has anyone actually have published results of such a test and just how much to expect?

Thanks for your time
Nathan Gifford