View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #42
UpAndDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBruce View Post
List Price is 40% over Dealer Cost. Same for TM installed options.
Don't ask me how I know this.
Add dealer prep, battery,freight, fuel surcharge, and paperwork.
Wrong Bruce, MSRP -Invoice is 99.99% time about 25-30% difference(mostly 30%) you'd be amazed what you can find out calling a factory as a perspective dealership in the making. That being said you can expect that most dealers do not go much below 20% off MSRP, they could, but they wouldn't be the quality of dealership that is going to be around for long, this isn't like cars, what most people do not know is that car dealers also get whats called holdbacks after a vehicle sale which is 3-5% so they are making 500.00 even if they invoice it to a customer, not a bad deal when most dealerships sell 100 cars a month or more. RV Dealers are independent meaning they can cary many different makes but they do not get holdbacks like cars and most average RV dealers sell 20 RV's a month(there are a few super centers that average around 80-100 units per month), so they need a little more than 1000.00 per Trailer to pay for 4 service guys, a Cashier for the store, 2 Salesmen, the owner, the mortgage on a 800,000 commercial lot, that may not include a building, not to mention the utilities they spend filling each camper with water and the electric and supplies for all the preps. The thing that cracks me up is when people want a spotless perfect camper and want a dealership to give it away to them for free. I'm fine with a 10% mark up over cost it ensures my servicing dealer is able to grow and hire more quality people to take care of my unit. But to each his own.