View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #20
cali camping

Keith,
You're right. That's one of the advantages of the low weight of the TM...I pushed it! I take a trailer dolly with us on the road. I disconnect the TV then lower the TM onto the dolly and push it around as required. I have my wife walk along side the TM next to the TM wheel that will travel the greatest distance with a chock at the ready should things get out of hand due to slope, but I haven't needed her help yet. When it's flat I can move it around quite easily. I bought the dolly from Harbor Freight for somewhere in the neighborhood of $59 I believe.

Chap,
You'll note on the top of the trailer I have 2 large solar panels and I bring along a Honda 2000 generator or 2 of them if we are going someplace where the AC might be required, to recharge the 200+ Ah battery I use. I installed a 1250 watt inverter with a remote control on/off switch so we can turn it on and off from inside the trailer. I wired directly into some of the AC outlets so an inverter powered outlet is always with in reach should I need it. That leaves some AC outlets run by shore power and some by the inverter. At night if it is too cold to stay out by the fire, we move inside and watch a DVD or TV (if we get reception) by using the inverter to power a low power consumption 20" LCD we mounted on the wall. I use my laptop to hook to the tv if we want to watch a DVD.
It's extremely annoying to me to listen to generators at night or in the morning, so we went with this route of power. In the morning we can crank up the espresso machine and anything else AC powered with out having to go outside and start the noisy generator. Later in the day, I use the generator to top up the battery every other day or so if we are in the shade as the picture shows. I highly recommend the digital over the air converter that camping world sells to get rid of the ghosting and static filled pictures you get with weak over the air signals.

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote