View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadusfly View Post
I have an opportunity to buy a new demo 2720SL that was towed and shown at several RV shows. It has everything I need and is about 400 miles from my home. My tow vehicle is a 2000 Tundra V8. Would I need to have WDH or any kind of lifter to pick this thing up? Also, is there anything I should be careful of when buying a TM that was used as a demo? I am totally new to RVing and any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance...Joe
To bring the trailer home you will need a brake controller installed on your Tundra. The brake controller activates the electric brakes on the Trailmanor, the brakes on the Tundra alone are not enough. Unless you already have one, whomever installs the brake controller will also install a 7 point connector at the bumper. This provides power for your stop lights, brake lights, brakes, and DC power to recharge your battery on the TM.

You can decide on a WDH later - some people like them because they feel they provide an extra margin of safety, others do without. I don't have a WDH, and tow with a full sized, 1/2 ton pickup.

Depending on the available space at home, or whevever you plan to park the trailer, you might want a trailer dolly to help you move the trailer around. They're less than $100 and are available, I know, at Harbor Freight, and probably other places, and online.

I don't see any problem in buying a demo TM especially if you're getting a good deal on it, and it comes with a full warranty. But I would of course still check to make sure that everything (AC, furnace, water pump, toilet, water heater, etc) works before you leave the lot. Get the sales person to demonstrate how things work, and how the trailer is set up and taken down. Make sure there is an owner's manual that goes with the trailer.

You'll learn the "in and outs" very quickly. Good luck

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote