View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Douph92 -

My garage is 19'6" deep. My 2720SL is exactly 20'0" long, from the way way back edge of the bumper to the way way front edge of the hitch coupler. Clearly, the trailer would not fit without the swing tongue. With the swing tongue, no problem.

So, to answer your original question, a 2720 with swing tongue should fit your 19'4" garage very nicely.

FWIW, I am under the impression that the swing tongue doesn't quite subtract 2' off the length - more like 1'10" or 1'11".

By the way, my garage door opening is 82 1/4" high. My 2006 2720SL with 2" lift and air conditioner clears the top of the door frame by 3" - 4". The air conditioner is a low-profile model. On older TMs, the air conditioner was taller. I know this because my 2002 TM kissed the rubber weather strip, and it did NOT have a lift kit. I talked to the folks at the factory, and was told that they changed to the low profile A/C specifically so that a lift kit could be added without increasing the overall height. Those boys are paying attention!

If you have a new TM without a lift kit, it should be about 77" high, I think. So your 81" garage door opening should be OK. And as Wayne said, you can usually make the door open higher than its normal position. If you have a garage door opener, it has an adjustment to change how far it opens. If not, it may be as simple as opening the door normally, then pushing it open further and propping a 2X4 under it. Of course, the ultimate limit to the height is the header at the top of the opening.

Bill

Oh, by the way - Dick Coombs meant the last two digits of the model number is the closed length. Simple typo.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote