View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 10:35 AM   #7
hal

Congratulations on your new baby..... imagine being a new parent at age 64. My regards to the misses, she must have had a great time with this one as big as it is.

There is a little trick that you can use in raising the roof. First of all, raising the roof is easier if the trailer is level both front to back and side to side. Then if the sections are still too heavy for a new father, you can begin by lowering the tongue as far down as it will go. Your front roof should raise more easily. Next crank the tongue up as high as it will go, maybe even put blocks under it. Now raise the rear section. It also will be lighter than ever now. Also, it is a good moment for the new mom to get acquainted with the new arrival by helping you. Next, lower the tongue and level your TM front to back. You can reverse this pocess when putting your TM away.

As for lifting the clothes closet, it can get heavy if you take more clothes than you expect to use. You could also get past this problem if you camped often at a nudist colony campground.

You ask if there are any other mentally or physically challenged owners. Does this include age challenged? Most of us fit into one or more of these categories. Even the most inflicted will do whatever is necessary to keep their baby from going to a foster home.

Don't get hung up on all these lists and the MANY things to do with the TM. They may make good reading on a cold night at camping before your fire place. You simply need now to know the basic steps to setting it up and taking it down. Our dealer has a brochure that is written in simple terms (I know, another one of those lists). It take you step by step through the proper order of sequence in setting up your TM. If you would like a copy, I can email you one. This afternoon, I am heading out for a long weekend of camping in the Colorado Mountains. So, I hope that I am not gone when you request this sheet.

In the mean time, remember it takes love and nourishment for your baby to adequately grow. I have known a few that when they got older would like to be a 3023 but just didn't receive the care they needed. Ignore the neighbors comments when they see you out hugging you TM. It will make you both proud to establish a good relationship with it. Someday, it may even call you Dad.

Hal