Thread: New Forums?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

When Chris got new software for the board (about a year ago?) about 5 people became moderators and spent a lot of their (read: personal/unpaid) time moving old posts around into new categories (i.e., Frame, Plumbing, Electrical, etc.) from the old "catch-all" category of "How to and Modifications". What we're trying to do is to put the posts about specific "parts" of the TM's into more definable sections. The posts are growing, and unless things get categorized into more specific places, it's too hard to find things (sometimes I still can't find things, because I can't remember the exact words that people used to describe them).

Apparently, the board is still allowing people to post on the "How to and Modifications" area, perhaps because those posts can't be readily categorized into one of the other areas. (Moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.)

So, if you have a topic to post, you're supposed to put it into one of the categories that are "accepting" new posts vs. the "How To and Modifications" area.

Maybe we should rename the "How To and Modifications" area into "Other TM Info That Doesn't Fit Into a Specific Category", or something like that?