View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 04:55 PM   #4
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duerrs
Hello!

Second, does Trailmanor offer a factory receiver hitch for the back of the Trailmanor so that we can install a bike rack? We will only be carrying 2 adult bikes. Currently, we have a roof mount system on our pop-up that works very well. Hauling the bikes is a big concern for us. Do any of you haul bikes, and if so, how do you carry them?

Thanks in advance for you thoughts!
Hello!

We have a 2004 2720SL which we ordered from the factory WITH the rear mounted receiver. We haul our two mountain bikes to our destination, then remove and setup the camper. I move the bike rack to the tow vehicle and I'm all set. Works like a champ, and I'd have no qualms about mounting 4 bikes (my rack only holds three though). I believe the receiver is good for up to 300 lbs. weight.

I never owned a popup but we had one as a kid (the really old type with the wooden tops that hinged on each end and opened to form the base for the beds with the rest being canvas and poles!).

I find the actual opening and closing of the camper to be pretty easy and quick. It's the rest of the work mentioned elsewhere that takes all my time such as leveling, connecting, disconnecting from the TV and W/D hitch. Most any towed camper is going to have those issues. The only drawback for me is not having accessible storage when the unit is closed up and not being able to quickly get inside for those quick stops on the road.

Take care and good luck!

Vince