View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
woodlandcottage
Site Sponsor

Thanks so much for the replies! I hope I'm not hung up too much on potential resale value, but I am risk averse and there is such a thing as resale value(because other people are reselling them and I have to know a basic range just to buy one) so it makes sense to know what it is so I can work my way into being comfortable with that should I eat a loss more than what I think is fair use and depreciation. I'm very comfortable with a loss of value under $2K a year since it lines up very well with what we normally spend on lodging for family vacations.
It was that 12% NADA value drop in one year that makes me jittery. It makes me think I should wait until NADA published the next year of values and bumps all the other ones down. Am I right that that is how it works? I really just want to know if I should pay the 53% of original value(since this is what the NADA currently has up) or the 41% since the 2014 models were just released and that should decrease the value for all older models. This represents a difference in value of about $3K so it's not exactly chicken feed. Not for our family of five anyway.
I purposely put off seriously shopping for the TM until near-after Labor Day. I assumed(correctly may I add seeing the huge increase of TM listings lately)that people would list their campers at the end of the season due to lack of use and cost/hassle of storage options. More on the market usually means easier to negotiate a reasonable price. I don't need to have bragging rights to the lowest price paid for a TM but I sure don't want to be the dunce who overpaid.
Right now there seems to be a fair amount of 2619's available within 500 miles of me. I'd really prefer the 2720 with the swing hitch though. We get a lot of hail out here in CO and I want to do my best to prevent hail damage by keeping my baby in the garage. And a queen bed is just so much nicer than a double. I'm married to a sprawler.
It's really hard to decide to pursue getting a 2619 to get started now, since there seem to be enough available, or just wait for the right one. Since there isn't more than one month or so left in the camping season for my neck of the woods, I'm leaning strongly toward taking the time to find the 2720, but looking at others in the meantime just in case.
woodlandcottage is offline   Reply With Quote