View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 06:06 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey'sMom View Post
Hi Bill

Glad to see that you are back with a Trailmanor. Love all the detailed description you gave.
Hi, Sara. Good to hear from you again. You've been quiet for a while.

Quote:
Curious about the electric slide. How much power does it take? I am guessing i would need to keep car running and plugged in while sliding it out so as not to run down battery since i do not camp anywhere with electric.
I haven't measured the current, but opening and closing take only a few seconds (maybe 10?) so it will take very little out of your battery. Nothing wrong with doing it while your car is connected, but I wouldn't consider it necessary. I've learned from the factory that the electric mechanism can be disconnected without undue effort, but again I wouldn't consider it necessary.

Quote:
Are the drawers all full length, no wasted space behind them?
The shelves are full depth. As for drawers below the wardrobe... From the front face of the cabinet to the wall behind is 18 inches. The inside front-to-back depth of each drawer is 14 inches.

Quote:
I absolutely LOVE the idea that the fridge no longer has the push button start. I hate that on mine.
Me, too.

Quote:
How about solar power? What options do they offer and is the solar controller a better one than the older models?
Mine does not have solar panels or a controller, but the wires are pre-installed, the ends coiled up beside the battery.

Quote:
Have you done anything about creating a screen for the new door style?
No, haven't even thought about it yet, but the solution isn't obvious to me. Dave / ShrimpBurrito and I had a short discussion, but reached no conclusions.

Quote:
Longer awning would be nice. Is it any stronger than the Fiamma? Similar crankout style??
The factory is actually considering two different awnings. The one I have is made by Girard. It is a crank-out - easy to crank, and I think a motor could be added by the owner. (But there goes your 12-volts!) The interesting thing is that it has no legs, and apparently doesn't need any. I never used the awning on my previous TMs, but I used the new one for a couple family picnics recently, and I like it a lot.

Quote:
If the stock market continues to be good to me, i might just have to upgrade to a new TM in another year or so.
The stock market was good to you??? I need to talk to you about how you did that!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote