View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 10:50 AM   #1

Default First time camping

Hello everyone,
We have just got home after our first camping trip in our TM. It was wonderful. I have never been camping before, so it was all new to me. I sure have the camping "bug" now. Cant wait to go again. Everything worked out fine except for the odor from the toilet. Think we must have used the wrong chemicals. We stayed at a State Park so we had no sewer hookup. But other than that it was great. Its so wonderful to get out into the peace and quiet. Away from all the troubles going on in the world at the moment. We only went a few miles down the road, just in case we got into trouble. But it was like entering a different world. I can understand why you all love camping, and your TM's so much now. The weather was perfect. Not too hot (we live in southwest Florida) although after we left they had 4 tornadoes touch down near where we had been staying (not big one's). Enough to cause some damage though. Someone was looking after us I guess.
So, now we are planning our next trip. Probably in May. Wish it could be sooner.
Happy camping to you all.
Jean and Richard