View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
TM_Matt

Thanks all. The fuse looked ok at a glance but I didn't have a continuity meter available at the time. Will have to bring the digital voltmeter on the next outing. The cutoff switch sounds interesting; I definitely tried to turn it on while open. The schema does say there is a fusible link somewhere, too. I remember those from high school car stereo days - dislike them :-)

Yes, the elegant lamps are the ones. Their only saving grace is that you can almost see Archie Bunker or Mr. Cunningham reading with one of those lights. I think I hear 1965 calling wanting them back. I wonder if an LED replacement would be more robust. They're absolutely great for reading.

Side note - are there lower wattage alternatives that people like? I had a trailer that had all 921 bulbs and I put 906 and 912 in a number of places to make the light softer. Don't know the specs of these (1141 I believe? can't recall, sorry). If anyone has one of those "been there" suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks again. Any other ideas, keep 'em coming! I will try to be a good citizen and report back on what actually works but due to schedule will be a few weeks.

Matt