View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

The curtain kit for my old Coleman was about $400 too. The big problem with some replacement "parts" is the infrequent, inconsistent, low quantity ordering that occurs with a specific item like a curtain kit. The curtains change colors and specifications over the years and all things considered, are custom made when needed years later. Sure TM pumps out units every day all of which have curtains but maybe the curtains needed for your model or my model are different, thus the manufacturer sees the replacements as a low quantity order.

I know I would never attempt to get the curtains made by a local company as long as the real-deal replacements are still available at the trailer manufacturer. Coleman use to only carry replacement curtains for seven years after the model expired.

I know you were not suggesting this but more often than not, good companies don’t gouge you on price if they don’t need to. Their reputation is on the line if they get proven that they gouge customers on replacements. From what I have seen so far on this forum, TM is VERY fair in replacement part prices whenever and wherever possible. A $5 light is a perfect example. Again, I know you didn’t suggest this but I just wanted to put others at ease. Dog gone curtains are expensive.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote