View Single Post
Old 10-30-2002, 03:47 PM   #7
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: Shell Latch Mod / Entry Door Alignment / Slide

Quote:
DenTed,

------snip--------------

I couldn't visualize exactly what you did to take the flexing out of your slideout's floor. My slideout's floor also flexes and it annoys me a little every time I step on that part of the trailer. ??? ???
Clarify mode on (maybe, again)!

When the slideout is in the out position, the black rubber seal, at the floor of the slideout, is about 4inches from the front of the trailer's white fluffy seal (outside).

The floor of the slideout is about 1 1/4inch above the floor of the trailer. So, when stepping on the slideout floor, near the black rubber seal, along the centerline, the floor flexes downward as much as 1 1/4inch.

Outside the trailer, with the slideout retracted, I cut out a 2.5inch x 2inch segment of carpet, on the trailer centerline, just where it meets the white fluffy seal. Then installed the 2.5inch x 2inch x 1inch thick block with a couple of wood screws. When the slideout is pulled out, the floor of the slideout, at the centerline, sits 1/4inch above the support block. Result - minimum flex, and the sense of mushiness is gone. Advantage - simple to mod.

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote