View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
cochise

"I purposely used the "tired brake caliper assembly" as my example (I have seen trucks and cars with severely over-heated, warped calipers) but I could have just as easily used "Brake fluid" as my example. How many people change their brake fluid?....."

I don't think a caliper will warp. After all it is just a chunk of machined cast iron. BUT yes a ROTOR will warp. In any case you would not get too far with a warped rotor OR if it could warp, a warped caliper. Driving would be almost unbearable due to vibrations.

As far as safety margins are concerned, they are calculated in a very different way. Unless a TV has been seriously and grossly neglected I think it can safely tow what it is rated at during its life span. True, maintenance is a must. But to say that the capacity diminishes drastically after a short time is plausible. If that was true we would see trucks on the roads fully loaded (new) and gradually carrying less and less as they get older. You get the picture? But I know you meant well.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote