View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #19
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusen View Post
As you indicated, I'll need some form of dolly, so I'll use some variant like you suggested. My initial thought was to remove the stand's wheel (assuming it sits too high when fully lowered) and set the post in the center of a low riding dolly like these.
Your link didn't work.

I'm pretty sure that you will have to remove your center mounted tongue jack and replace it with a swing jack like the one pictured below.

The other option, of course, would be to cut a 3rd "ramp" for the tongue jack wheel to go down. I'm thinking that one would need to be quite a bit longer.

You wouldn't be able to put the trailer hitch on the TV. You would have to use some sort of cable arrangement to lower the trailer and pull it out because the tow vehicle is a fixed height and the trailer will be lowering flat to the ground.

You could hook up a cheap brake controller to the trailer brakes via the emergency break-away brake switch on the trailer and push the trailer down the ramp by hand, using the trailer's electric brakes to control the decent.. Then simply pull the trailer out using a cable or tow strap from the TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SanElijo10-09 002.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	4672