View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #19
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Default Toyota Tow Ratings

Harvey and Bill,
The attached .pdf file is a copy of page 207 of my owner's manual showing that the GCWR of my Highlander is 8495# and that it has a 3500# tow rating (please forgive their typo on the engine model number-- they DO know the difference at Toyota between a 6 and a 4 cylinder engine). The picture attached shows my driver's side door placard that identifies a GVWR of 4985.
4985 GVWR + 3500 Tow Rating= 8495 GCWR

All of the Toyota Owners Manual towing calcs I've worked through on this message board so far are conceptually similar (Sienna's, Tacomas, Tundras, Rav-4's 4-Runners, etc.), where the GVWR + the tow rating = the GCWR (but Toyota could change the way they report tow capacity someday for one/some/all of the models and I would never know, of course). "Do not exceed any Weight Ratings and follow all instructions in your Owner's Manual..." sounds good to me.

When I posted earlier on this thread, I'd found a Toyota towing information resource which I wish I had linked for you, because I can't find it right now. But, here's the 2009 Venza ebrochure:
http://www.toyotacertified.com/ebrochures/09_venza.pdf

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver's side door label - 2003 Highlander.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	4629  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2003 Highlander Owners manual P 207.pdf (68.0 KB, 234 views)
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote