View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
Al-n-Sue

Default my thoughts

I'd echo what the others have said - the price seems a little high, but you pay what the market will bear. If he has someone in line behind you willing to pay, then the price if right. If not, you can negotiate.

My experience: when we bought our 3124 last spring, the dealer gave me a price and I tried to get him to come down. He basically said "that is the price." period. And I knew he had a line of folks behind me who would snap it up. So I paid it and glad I did.

As for the "problems" you mention, they seem minor and probably easily fixed. No A/C? That can be remedied if you deem it necessary. Unless you camp a lot outside of Colorado, you may not need A/C anyway. The mention of 2 batteries would concern me unless one is just a backup for the other. If they are linked in series (6 volt) or parallel (12 volt) it could be problematic. Search for posts on "battery" for more info.

One thing to consider is that the fall is a bad time to sell because the market is down - who wants to buy an RV and then store it till spring? But it is a good time to buy, because demand is down so prices should be better. You just have to decide if the savings are worth the months of non-use. Unless you're headed to sunny Arizona for the winter. Then you'd you'd probably want that A/C!

Whatever you do, you can be sure that you can find lots of support in this forum, plenty of advice (like it or not!), and many who love solving problems! Also, Colorado has the largest and most active owners group in the country. We've been once and are going again this weekend for the final trip of the year. If you'd like to see about 25 or so TMs in one place (about 30 trailers, but some are SOBs - Some Other Brand), come to Riverview RV Park west of Loveland this weekend! I'm sure there will be plenty of advice available there!