View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #23
LifeIsGood

We LOVE our Trailmanor! This is our first trailer (only did tent camping before) and we feel we made the best choice for us. We are amazed at how comfortable we've been in it from day one. We've slept in it on a few cold winter nights and the furnace kept us warm and toasty. There are no drafts to speak of if you make sure your blankets cover all the way to the edges around your bed. I've read so many posts about the bed being uncomfortable but we find it to be awesome! We sleep so soundly on it - it is firm but like a tempur-pedic mattress where your body slowly sinks into it to give you great support. I'm wondering if the mattresses have been improved in the newer models? If not, can anyone out there tell me if after awhile they start to lose their firmness and get sinky which would make them uncomfortable in that way? The bathroom may be small but most bathrooms in trailers are quite small. I find the shower perfect for me and my arms don't touch the shower curtain while washing my hair - it extends out further than the tub (but I am small 5'-1"). We bought a port-a-privy outdoor shower for the men so they'd have more room at Cabela's for $40. The bathroom fan defogs the mirror in less than 5 minutes even with the window shut and the lighting is great in the bathroom for putting on your makeup. Tons of lighting and comfort and enough space to move around and not feel claustrophobic - all in a pop-up camper. When we realized that the big box trailers cut your mileage in half, it became an easy choice for us. Little problems like a cracked kitchen sprayer head are minor and would probably happen in any type of RV. This forum is the best support one could find for an owner of a TM, too. Go check them out and have a dealer show you how to open and close one and sit in one for awhile and get a feel for it. Good luck with your choice!

Linda
08 2720SL
07 GMC Sierra 1500 w/Crew Cab