View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #22
larsdennert

I looked long and hard at the Chalet 19xx models because I really like them too but my conclusion in the end was that I would be towing the same size closed box of about 20' long and 5' tall with the Chalet or the TM.

I think the Chalet is less work to set up as there are only two electric walls and two fold up vs two shells, slide the beds, the door, and velcro flaps. It's not much extra work compared to all the other packing involved in a trip and all the other stuff you do while trailing like hookups and leveling. I liked the tremendous space under the Queen bed on the Chalet as well as being able to crawl in to grab something out of the fridge without full set up. It's lighter too but that turned out not to be a concern or trouble for our truck.

What's better on the TM? Wow the space! Two dedicated beds and another dinnette conversion. More spacious bath with a holding tank for the toilet vs a cassette. Lot's of windows standard though you can add some cool ones to the Chalet too. A dinnette that's not cramped in a corner where two diners need to be kids. We have two kids and the Chalet would have been good if it was just the two of us.