Thread: 2619 or 2720?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #13
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. I am reading and digesting the info.
3. What has been the evolution cycles of the TM? Are there things not installed on older TMs that is only on the newer units?

Thanks,
Nathan Gifford
I think there have been a few changes over the years. One that comes to mind is placement of the air conditioner. Older TMs had the ACs mounted on the side in one of the cabinets. Factory started using roof mounted ACs somewhere in 2002-2003 or thereabouts. Personally, I'm don't care for our side mounted unit (poor air flow, wasted cabinet space), but others say they work fine and are easier and less costly to replace than a roof mounted unit.

They started using microwaves instead of the gas oven a few years ago (maybe as an option?) I myself, like the idea of the gas oven better. You can always buy a cheap microwave for the TM.

There have probably been other innovations over the years, but by and large the TM is still pretty much the same design idea. I still call it an 'engineering marvel'
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote