View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #10
tritterbrew

Default You're always pulling something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl95070

Advantage:

-- Complete get away from internet and TV.
-- Develop hand-on skill and common sense with your kids.
-- Save money on extended travel, possible in isolation.

Disadvantages:

-- Camping in a trailer gehtto.
-- Constant worry and work. Tire, hitch, axle, battery, water, security...
-- Trailer toilet needs to be addressed every few days.
-- A lot of cleaning. I mean a lot of cleaning throughout the trip. My wife is a clean freak, not really, she is just a clean person, so she will be constantly cleaning during the trip. How can we clean with only 10 gallon of water?
Hi,
We previously had a Motorhome and we feel that the truck/TM combination is far better. Talk about worries! If you have a Motorhome then you'll need to tow a car - now you have two complete drivetrains to worry about and to maintain.

I think it really comes down to you and your wife being happy. If convenience, cleanliness and comfort are the most important issues than I recommend that you go the Motorhome route - they truly are homes on a motor. If you do go the Motorhome route then go with a good one! Check out www.rv.org for information about Motorhome safety - you'll be amazed at the lack of safety in most Motorhomes.

Good luck with your decision. Take your time and go to RV shows and campgrounds and talk to owners of trailers and motorhomes. When you're through I'm sure that you'll buy a TM Seriously, focus on what makes you and your wife happy and let that drive your decision.

Cheers,
TR