View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

kn1ghtus, become a full member ($12 a year), and we can PM for some more detailed info. While I don't have a 2720, I do have a 2417. Smaller, but same general layout - bathroom, two beds, door, windows, hitch.

Towing - definitely will need the trailer-brake controller. Many of us use a Prodigy. Simple to connect/disconnect. If you buy your TV from a dealer, have them install the wiring before delivery. I took mine to Kettlesen Campers (Kipling & I-70), and they installed the wiring for $70.

Contact The Car Show, Inc in Colo. Springs. They may have an inside line on a 2720 coming in on trade, as they are the TM dealer for this large area. And, post in the "TrailManors Wanted" section of the forum.

Don't be worried about towing. Tow slow around sideroads for a little bit, and you will get used to it. As with everything else, do it a few times, and you will be more comfortable.

Weight-distributing hitch. Many opinions about what is best, but I got mine used by going to an RV dealer, and asking if they had any used trade-ins. They make all the difference in the world regarding towing level and in control.

More about where to camp when I have some time. Join and PM me, or I will post some ideas in the next few days. I have done lots of trailer camping in Colo.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote