View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
kn1ghtus

Default Prospective Buyer, NEW to all but tent camping

Okay so we live in Aurora Colorado, we have been looking/saving for the last year for something we can enjoy the great outdoors. Growing up on a farm we have quite a bit of outdoor time and our current foster children have had none of it. (we are trying to adopt them and a lot of our savings for this has gone to lawyer fees-- yay!) So we've been looking at the KZ line (210ks, and the 196S) but we saw this at an RV show in Denver and even though it is a lot more expensive to purchase, I could see insurance for it being lower-- Savings on just GAS would be worth it's weight in gold, and the fact it can be stored inside (And having never towed anything I'd feel a lot safer with THIS opposed to a full 24 TT)

TV we'll be buying in 21 days, (2013 Santa Fe GLS with a tow pull ability of 5,000 pounds) I'm kind of sold on the 2720 layouts. Which one specifically we'd be leaning towards the just plain 2720 although we have two foster children now we don't know if we'll be able to keep them. We also live 15 minutes away from almost 30 nieces and nephews, and we'd want to use this as something we can do once a month for bonding time if we can't keep our foster children. (Once a month pick 2-3 kids and go camping just over night up the hill)

I have been reading this forum off and on for 6 months and thought I'd finally post and register opposed to being a lurker, even though I have read most of the threads here. With that said to sum up.

1. Really looking forward to do this
2. Really scared as never towed
3. Really scared because I'm not mechncaially inclined (I work in IT)
4. Scared because I have never winterized anything, don't normally PACK BARRINGS, etc.
5. really like the 2720 though any floor model would work though leaning towards the 2720
6. Live in Aurora CO and doesn't seem to be any used for sale within hunderds of miles and again being a noob to towing
7. Would love to know WHERE to camp around here-- i'm from california and we could just drive up i80 and pull off and dry camp with a pop up, and hunt/shoot/track etc... any place around in CO we can do that?
8. Where are so good camp sites in the colorado area?
9. Is there a good thread taht is a "101 about towing" I know most of it (book knowledge) though have missed some (tow hitch weight is what?!)
10. I have been REALLY impressed with this forum, and I hope to join your ranks in a month or so for 2013 summer time.
11. I like turtles.
12. One of the things I do is hosting/web design and would love to host this site the trail blazers for free if you guys are currently having to pay for hosting.