Thread: Carlisle tires
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Brutus

FWIW,
I'm running Carlisles on my 3500# capacity utility trailer and never had a problem. Seven years and still going strong. Using ancient Carlisles on my 16' flat bottom boat trailer (as in before date codes were week/year) and they're doing great. Putting 15" E-rated Carlisles on my TM as we speak. The common thread among these tires (besides all being Carlisles which doesn't matter to me) is that they're overkill for the application, meaning they don't heat up as much and thus have less chance of failure. Don't believe all the bullsh1t out there about brand x vs y. The reason our TMs burst 14" C tires IMHO is because they're too close to the load limit in the first place. Heat 'em up and physics will do what comes naturally. Are 10-plys on a my 2720 overkill? Yup. Is overkill an extra margin of safety? I think so. (Bobby can put me in my place if I'm way off base.) In your case SSpeed, I'd certainly stuff a 225/75 15" under there if they would fit, but only because of increased load rating, not brand name.