View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 10:33 AM   #6
Happytrails

Default Re: height of trailmanor (with roof ac)

FJ, took me a bit to figure out what you were talking about, but I see what you are saying. How much the bottom of the door hangs down when open. On mine, my automatic garage door opener broke, and as I've not had time to really mess with it, I've just been opening and closing it by hand. Unfortunately what broke it that I didn't realize is one of the cables broke, leaving just one helper spring to raise it. That being the case, (and having to open it manually),  it didn't always stay up by itself, so I took to placing a stick right in the track where the garage door will stay up, as the stick is about 1" higher than the garage door opening, I have NO overhang of the bottom of the garage door. Perhaps this *tip/trick* might help you guys, or someone else. While working on mine, I just happened to have a lot of 1"x 1.5" lengths of lumber around, and it works PERFECT for holding that door up. If you have an automatic garage door opener, pull the handle to disconnect it so you may open it manually.

Hope this helps!
Happytrails.........