Thread: rear view
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #8
katbird

Default excessive wind noise from towing mirrors

Thanks for all the valuable info on this board. We're total novices and have implemented most of the tips you've provided. Just wondering--on the McKesh towing mirrors--the driver side mirror causes a constant noise--VERY LOUD--sounds like a big bass drum or as if the car next to you has the big boom box speakers installed in the trunk!--is there any way to adjust the mirrors to reduce the noise?

Also, am I reading correctly here that you can adjust your mirrors to see BEHIND the TM? I extended mine as far as I could but it didn't seem to let me see any farther than the front section which is slightly wider than the back section. I can't see the back section at all when I'm driving down the road. I don't have the convex mirror, though. The mirrors do help, but I can't see as much as I thought I would be able to.

Thanks for all your help and patience. My husband is in poor health and it has been a dream of ours to have a travel trailer. We decided it was now or never. We just bought the 3124KB. Only had it out for one trip so far, but we love it. Parking it almost had me in tears, though, but I know I'll get better with practice!