View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 12:11 PM   #3
Russell and Diane Hendee

Thank you, Bill,

The information you gave helped a lot. I contacted the dealer. I am waiting to hear back from him this afternoon. I did much more research over the last few days to decide which brake controller and weight distribution hitch we wanted. Unless the dealer or someone on this forum advises differently, this is our plan.

Have Uhaul install: Curt CLASS 3 TRAILER HITCH, 2" RECEIVER, SELECT KIA SORENTO #13195 rated to 5,000 lbs. GTW and 750 lbs. tongue weight

I am still working on finding a place to install the round 7-point wire harness and Redac Tow-Pro Electric brake controller. We are three hours away from our dealer, but hopefully, he will have some suggestions for this.

I chose the Redac for several reasons. The box can be installed out of sight with the small round knob installed on the lower dashboard. It seems easy to adjust and has proportional and user-controlled modes. It also has Active Calibration.

Anderson 3324 weight distribution hitch. I chose this WDH for several reasons. One is being that it is only 60 lbs. I liked the way it worked compared to the other style WDHs. It is possible we will need to add extra links so it will fit on the swing hitch.

I would appreciate any input on these choices. Pro or con.

Thanks,
Diane