View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Jim -

I was making two points, and in re-reading my own post, I can see that I didn't make either one very clearly.

First, trying to compare Ridgeline published weight without TM, to Ridgeline actual weight with TM, doesn't tell me anything, since I don't know how much of the weight change was due to adding the TM, and how much was due to adding accessories, passengers, cargo, etc.

Second, knowing the actual (measured) weight of your rig is a good thing. But it is not the proper way to adjust the WDH. The proper way to adjust the WDH is to return the tow vehicle to its original unloaded plane. If I understand you correctly, this is exactly what you did, so you should be good to go.

Re-establishing the original plane means bringing the front and the rear of the Ridgeline down by the same amount. If you have to choose between "half a link too much" and "half a link too little", I think you have chosen correctly. Bring the front down, but not quite as much as the rear. You are still bringing the front down, so it is carrying more weight than it did originally. It is NOT being unweighted (perhaps the most important thing to avoid).

I hope this is clearer, but I'm not sure ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote