Thread: Door
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 03:27 PM   #20
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaupp
Vince,
I'm curious as to why you would label a missing nut a "quality control issue" when you have had the TM for 3 months. It would be a quality control problem if the nut was missing when you took delivery. Every nut and bolt on the TM should be checked by the owner at least one time during each of the first 2 trips and at least once a year after that for as long as you own the TM.
MJL

P.S. Have you checked your lug nuts since you took delivery?
I don't want to get into bashing the TM factory... but there are many little problems which I feel should be caught before the unit leaves the factory. I have a long list of quality control issues concerning mostly fastners, a wiring error, and some plumbing issues such as unglued PVC piping leading to leaks under the sink. Most of these issues I have fixed myself.

You of course are correct, the nut COULD HAVE com loose, however there were no markings indicating a nut was ever tightened against the aluminum plating. Also, the door has not been properly aligned since initial delivery which is what led me to think the nut has never been there.

As for the lug nuts (I'm assuming you mean the ones on the trailer!) ... yes I have checked them before each trip. I also have adjusted my brakes twice and checked the air in the tires including the spare.

Again, didn't want to start a thread on quality control.

Thanks!

Vince