View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper229 View Post
Had a local welding shop weld my Ultra-Fab 35-946403 Trailer Hitch Receiver (Amazon) on today. Had to cut a piece from the aluminum pan and a nibble from the white plastic bumper, but overall I'm very pleased. Really like Craigrrr's suggestion for the hitch lock and promptly ordered one. My rack is easy to slide on the receiver and then torques down, but not as tight as I'd like. The lock seems to correct that based on lots of high reviews.
If you decide to go with the ultrafab, here are some tips: it extends from 41-77 or so inches (extensions not shown in my pic, but can see on Amazon). Extensions will need an additional piece of stock welded on to insert up through the edges of the storage pan to be welded on the frame. Unit has a 2" drop, so I had the shop flip it upside down to improve ground clearance. When they trim the pan for the 2" receiver to extend through, consider having them trim the rear of the receiver before installation so it doesn't interfere with putting things in and out of storage. The installation seems very secure and strong. Planning our first TM shakedown cruise next month, will let you know how the bikes made the trip.
Hi ya chipper229, hi ya
So...can you open the rear shell without removing the bike rack and receiver, or can you simply slide it out a ways to gain the clearance needed?
Froggy
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote