View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 12:40 AM   #6
inghamm
Site Sponsor

Default SureCall Fusion4Home Cell Phone Signal Booster works great for me

Here's what I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/SureCall-Fusi...30&sr=8-3&th=1
I mounted the outside antenna on the TV mount on the roof. (I've had to re-do that part a few times because the antenna catches the wind and bends the piece of metal that I used to interface the antenna with the mount.) At first i tried to use the already existing coax in the trailer, but I found that was very poor and I lost a lot of signal. So I bought the highest quality coax cable I could find, routed it across the roof, down an arm, under the trailer, up next to the bathtub. That way the booster is as far away as possible from the antenna. You want the antenna to pick up the cell signal from the cell tower, not the booster. So I usually point the antenna forward. It was a lot of money BUT I have been very pleased with the results, usually adding 2-3 bars to the signal, often able to pull in the 4G signal when I could not without it, and sometimes I would get a few bars so I could at least have call and text use when without it I would have nothing. So I have used it with hotspot on my phone to stream to my computer and watch Netflix etc, where without it it would not have been possible. When I was testing, I ran the coax into the trailer through the flaps. The booster amp is very sophisticated and can automatically find the right level of boost. This set-up could be improved with the antenna further away from the trailer and higher up, but that was more than I wanted to deal with. To do this install I removed the power convertor so I could work in that space behind the tub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cell antenna.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	21282   Click image for larger version

Name:	0808222300.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	5.12 MB
ID:	21283  

TM: 2007 2720 (QB) TV: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Hopkins INSIGHT brake controller, Andersen No-Sway WDH