View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Talking Installation on the FRONT shell, 370 Watts "Flex Panels".

When closed, the exposed area of Rear Shell of my 2619 is a little bit too short for mounting a pair of panels there. (They would both fit fine on a 3720.) And so, I am mounting on the front shell.

Edited 05/16/2019: Upgraded!

I now have 3 "flex" panels on top of the front shell. (Flex is less durable, but reduces weight for lifting the Shell.) They are wired in Series, at Vmp (maximum power) about 55 Volts, and Voc (PWM mode "disconnect") at about 63V. They are attached to the TM Shell using 3M "VHB" tape, thickness "RP25".

Along the Roof, and down the front street-side lift arm, I have some cheap plastic "wire channel" from Home Depot. At the bottom of the lift arm, there is a small half-loop to provide a bit of extra "flex" for raising and lowering the lift arm (exactly as TM builds half-loops into the original wiring which goes up along the lift arms).

From there, wire follows the battery "+" connection wire along the Street side of TM, but goes up the middle of the 2619 "lower box" face - and through holes, into the MPPT controller.

The MPPT Controller is an EP-Ever "3215BN", capable of up to 30A output current. It is matched to a "MT50" Controller. I have a battery temp Sensor as well, but will be selling that Sensor when I upgrade to Lithium LiFePO4 and move the battery inside the coach. (LiFePO4 batteries create no hydrogen gas, and work indoors.)