View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
clown9644

Well I crawled all over the camper frame, no cracks so good news there. I ran the power lift on the tongue up and down a dozen times and am convinced that the movement I am seeing is at the NON hinge side of the moveable tongue but at the pin location. The holes the pin goes into are ever so slightly egg shaped and the extra piece of steel tack-welded onto the inside of the crossbeam has a very slight wear spot where the pin meets it. The movement is less than a 1/16th of an inch and there is still lots of steel so I do not feel I have a safety issue. I hope that when I am at the Falls this year Ed can take a peek at it and tell me if I have a problem or not. Would love to send him pictures but he and the service email are not responding to emails yet- been waiting a few days for reply on other minor items. If I needed a new tongue would be nice to have them bring it with them.
Anyone else have this movement?

edit-- I have jackstands about a foot from the pins for the tongue that supported the trailer, I lifted trailer off them in the test