View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #8
wmtire

We have several sales reps trying to sell us a nitrogen system at my shop. Tires running cooler and losing pressure slower, are always their stressed selling points to me. I took the following from one of the sales brochures we have for a Branick Nitrogen system. Maybe this will help:

Nitrogen Inflation Program
BRANICK

Benefits of Nitrogen Filled Tires:

Maintains Air Pressure Longer
Tires Run Cooler
Customers Return To Maintain Air Pressure/Tire Dealer Checks Vehicle for Maintenance

Even tires properly inflated lose pressure because oxygen migrates through the tire innerliner. Nitrogen migrates 3 to 4 times slower than oxygen preserving the inflation pressure for up to three times longer. Nitrogen contains no moisture. This, combined with the elimination of oxygen, reduces rust and oxidation of the wheel and innerliner. Tires also run cooler since nitrogen retains less heat than oxygen. The Branick Nitrogen Tire Inflation System is a free-standing nitrogen generation system using an internal membrane to separate nitrogen from the air provided from your air compressor. Tires may be inflated directly from the station or nitrogen can be stored in a backup tank for additional capacity.