View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
doonboggle

Default Adjustments needed ... but what???

This morning, I began to (somewhat) take apart my used unit I recently purchased for the purpose of cleaning. Over the years of it's life, it has been neglected somewhat. After about 5 hours of hard scrubbing, with the shells closed, finally got 3/4 of it done. Then raised the front clam shell so as to gain access to the hidden half of the real clam shell ... when closed. In doint this, noted something that I am at lost what to do; so hopefully some of you experts herein can guide this newbie.

In raising the front clam shell, and without anything being done to the rear section, noticed the clam shell has a noticable lean towards the sidewalk area; namely to the left as you face it from the tongue area.

There is a bowing to this side as well in the lower half. Not REAL BAD ... but bad enough to notice. Also, in closing it this morning, for the first time since our initial opening it, the rear section was somewhat hard to push in. Took both of us to get it done ... especially since I have a recent spinal operation. But, with persistant pushing by both of us, succeeded. Did not see any obstruction, binding, etc..

So, presume there 'may' be some adjustments I need to consider. I am not yet that sharp on the nomenclature language of the various struts, supports, etc... so anything you may offer, please make it basic if you don't mind.

One other noted item ... that is probably related...when fully opened, when sitting on the couch facing to the rear, up where the clamshell overhang is, there is about a 1-2 in. gap on the sidewalk side ... and about a 1/2 inch on the street side.

There are a couple of other issues noted that I will also ask about, but will save them for later so that the message process does not become too cluttered.
Thanks for all your help. Since signing onto this forum, have obtained a wealth of valuable information.