View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
mtnguy

jpcool01, I don't believe that it should take that much grease, even if the hub was completely empty.....which they shouldn't have been. If the rear seals have somehow been damaged, then the extra grease has probably gone into the drum area.....and as you have surmissed, that is not good. If you are uncomfortable with pulling the drum, then do you know a mechanic that can come to your house to do that????. I would be afraid to tow the TM anywhere if indeed the grease went into the brake area. Hopefully the brake shoes and mechanisms can be cleaned off (a rag, soap, and water??) so that you won't have to replace stuff....but let your mechanic make that call.

I have a 2003 also, and have replaced the grease seals, as they usually become damaged when removing the rear bearings to clean and check. My local cargo and horse trailer shop has the seals in stock, so that might be a starting place, as well as your local RV dealer, to check for seals if you don't have time to get something from Trailmanor.....Dexter axles are pretty common.

All Rvs are high maintenance. Trailmanors might be a little more so because of the lifting mechanisms, but are so worth it when you go down the road with the TM following obediantly behind.

Hopefully others will chime in with additional information.

Keep us posted,

Chap

Oops, I was writing this as Bill was answering, but the comments are about the same.