View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

I am thinking that the portable unit might be the best way to go.

It seems like set up time would be minimal. The chances of being able to have your panel in the sun would be greater. With the extension cord you would be able to place and orient it up to 40 feet from the trailer. I talked to the manufacture and the only difference between the economy and pro is the controller. The pro displays battery voltage, output, amps, total amp/hours produced, and percent of battery charge. I think my clipper monitor will do most if not all of that.

I was concerned about leaving the panels unattended. The handle is attached with tamper proof screws so a security cable can be used. The alarm padlock that comes with the pro can be purchased for $25 if wanted. The mounted units would be a little more theft proof but I think this would be acceptable a lot of the time. When it isn't just use them when in camp.

I would not have to worry about hail or cleaning that were the negative factors I saw in roof mounted panels. The only advantage I see to mounted is charging when traveling.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote