View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 03:42 AM   #16
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Thumbs down I can't imagine WHY

someone without a Doran RECEIVER would want to steal the Sensors off of my tires. So until I get burned, I'm just gonna continue leaving 'em on, naked and unprotected.

Anyway, after shipping, it'll cost almost $20 to protect Sensors which only cost $100 to begin with. The odds of them getting ripped off aren't anywhere near 1:5, I think, and I live in a gambling town-- the SMART MONEY play is to pass on this. But thanks for the post!

BTW, I *love* the Doran, it inspires great confidence. It was amusing to see the tires loose about 4 PSI (when already warmed up to freeway speeds in 70 degree temps), just from the altitude change of going where I live (6000 ft.) down to Sea Level. BTW the difference between cold PSI and warmed up at 70 degrees was from 50 to about 58.5. In upcoming summer heat, it would probably have a larger rise.

Per Goodyear's instructions for the 15" tires on my not-very-heavy 2619, I REALLY ought to drop my 'cold' inflation down to no more than 40 PSI (at 50 PSI cold, the trailer's running way too firm, shaking the h$^#% out of it). Their recommended inflation at my typical weight loaded weight is only 35 PSI! (Going out, we run HEAVY, about 1700 on each TM tire. We always load it up with many gallons of R/O drinking water from home.)

But until now, I haven't had the GUTS to inflate any less than 50 PSI. Now that I'm gonna get an alarm almost instantly for any significant drop, I'm gonna do it.