View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 07:19 PM   #27
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

I'm on Windows 7 Professional, running IE 11.

I tried some earlier hyperlinks to threads within this forum and they worked. It's just this one for some reason. The only other ones that don't work are the ones removed because of spam.

I use both Firefox and IE. I run a paid VPN service that encrypts all my data to and from the remote server. Google doesn't like vpn's very much at all and I get the annoying Captch quite frequently. Strangely enough, Firefox will run my Google searches, even with the VPN running.

I found the InvisiPure HydroWave on Overstock.com. I got 15% off by signing up for spam from them. Hopefully I'll be able to unsubscribe easily in the future.

I'll try hooking up a wireless hygrometer and thermometer, run the heater which should drive up the humidity, run the dehumidifier, and watch the humidity drop. Once the humidity drops, I should be able to turn the heater off except when the temperature drops to below the dew point. The dehumidifier itself is only 100W, so if left running all the time, it's no worse than an incandescent light bulb.

To have made matters worse in the TM, however, I did find one leak. The previous owner had resealed it, but there appears to be a wood frame upon which the vent sits. One of the sides has separated and has left an open gap. If I get a clear day, I'll get up there with a hair dryer then put a dab of silicone sealant into the gap. I may have to remove the entire unit and rebuild the frame. I may also have a leak along the centre seam, as others have. I'll by getting some eternabond tape for that. I see that others have replaced the TM strip on top. I may just leave it. If it becomes unsightly, then I'll scuff it up and glue the strip back.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote