View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4leisure View Post
Thanks Rich. I appreciate all the info. I will search Matt’s videos for that install. I have watched a few of his videos recently. Right now Inhave the equivalent of an extension cord from my inverter into the trailer to occasionally use the toaster or coffeemaker. Before I either cut out a larger hole for a proper outlet install or powering up all of the outlets I will have to see if it will be worth the trouble. Thanks again.
Trust me when I tell you, the best and safest way to wire in an inverter is Rich2468's post.

I cut the amount of pain a cuts by cutting a 10"x10" hole in the wall panel as shown in the attached pic and covered it up with a vent cover. That vent also adds some air circulation for your converter. Another solution would be to simply place the ATS (automatic transfer switch) in the rear cabinet (if your model has one), on the other side of the wall from the hallway. If you have no rear cabinet, you may be able to place the ATS on the outside rear of the trailer, under the bed slide. Measure carefully, there is some room back there with the roof closed. I made up a cardboard mock-up of the solar controller that I installed on my 2720SL. I taped it to the wall and closed the roof. There was plenty of room and it's well protected from the weather back there (see pic #2)

Another option (which I have also done) is to run a wire (essentially and extension cord) from your inverter to some outlet in the TM. Just be sure to remove (and protect) that outlet's wiring from the outlet. Then you can plug your appliance into that outlet. I used the outlet next to the counter, on the right side of the stove.

It's always good to post what year/model TM that you are asking questions about. It helps others, help you.

What size inverter do you have? Is it a "pure sinewave" inverter?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug2-2022Final A.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	21435   Click image for larger version

Name:	SolarController.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	21436