View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 06:05 PM   #4
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMD View Post
Dave,

Our truck's inverter is rated at 440 watts, so I think it would be okay. However, your point about getting something cheap and unreliable was my original concern. I see that Viair makes a less expensive model that may be a decent alternative for only $67 on Amazon. I originally thought it would be nice to have AC/DC plugs for versatility, but at home I have a larger compressor I can plug in and use.

https://www.amazon.com/Viair-00088-8...-search&sr=8-3
I have one kind of like that. The advantage of these "aligator clip" models is the fact that they can go considerably above the max current of most "cigarette socket" connectors, without melting the socket or losing Voltage. I just connect mine to the TV battery using a jumper cable, or to the TM battery bus terminals with a 10-AWG (30A-capable) waterproof port which created in my TM, wired through the floor and sealed against road spray. If the body of the pump gets too warm, be sure to give it a break for a few minutes.