View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #13
Tcollie

Thanks everyone from newbie TC in Tennessee,

I agree with Toyota labeling it incorrectly as a Highlander tow package without a hitch or a harness...there's a country song there somewhere...LOL. For now we are just going to forego towing with the Highlander.

We did buy that 2010 2619 Trailmanor beauty in Arkansas with rebuilt title as it only had minor hail dings on the front cap. We negotiated a great price, and it was super clean, no active leaks that we witnessed in an active Arkansas downpour, roof seams looked good, and no evidence of water damage. The owner really gave it TLC and was so mournful to see it go. I had to hug him. Our 'nused' TM towed like a dream with 2006 Tacoma and hubby only used 1/2 tank to get us home....used to be an entire tank with our former Keystone Outback....and wind drag was negligible. Now we getting ready for Pickwick lake March spring break. We are feeling a little more comfortable setting up and taking down since we've been practicing like good little TM newbie students, but I cannot find a current step by step list on this site. My hubby really wants one for tech guidance, but all could find was one from 2003 for older models. Anyone have a more updated set up list for a 2010 or strong suggestions for must have camping with 2619 TM?

Also, I am trying not to over pack, but it's a challenge downsizing to a smaller camper. I guess I am going to suck it up and pay that hefty yearly fee for all you guys wonderful TM guru wisdom.

Many Thanks,
TC in Tennessee
Tcollie is offline   Reply With Quote