View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
coralcrazed
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
I have the exact same TV (2006 Sienna) and a 2720SL.

You can do this, the Sienna tows very nicely...but I'm not tackling mountains, I'm in the flat, flat midwest.

You do NOT need to worry about "tow packages" with this van--the engine already has all the parts you need. Hitch, brake controller, wired bargeman are all that need to be added to the TV. WDH is required, sway is optional, but probably unnecessary.

If you find the sag too much, air lift bags apparently work wonders. I have not needed such, for whatever reason, I've not noticed an issue with sag.

Feel free to ask questions, I'll be happy to share my experiences
I have a very important question that I hope you can answer. The 2006 manual pages 399-400 talk about towing capacity which is 3500 lbs. and continue to go into cargo capacity within the toyota (crago capacity is total occupant load and gear). what is unclear in the manual is weather or not the weight inside the TV should be subtracted from the maximum towing capacity of 3500 lbs. the responsible thing to do is try and underload and stay well under the maximum. capacity. I wonder if that is possible here and if you can clarify the above that would be great. Much appreciated.
coralcrazed is offline   Reply With Quote