View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Sweet, Wayne !!

But again, check the weight carrying capacity of the hitch, to make sure that it is rated over the tongue weight of your TM, if you intend to pull without a WDH. Many 1/2 tons, and several older model 3/4 ton trucks have a hitch weight carrying hitch capacity of 500 lbs, but about double that if using a WDH.

Enjoy that new truck.
It's a class IV hitch so that shouldn't be an issue. The only issue may be that there is a lot of weight in the bed already (camper shell, cabinets and roller bed). I'm thinking that the tongue weight of the TM may give me considerable sag in the rear. If it does, my hope is that air bags may help with that.

The truck has a 157" wheel base so I don't think that weight transference, off the front wheels, should be an issue. In the event that it is, I have the WDH but one of the reasons that I bought the new truck is because I just don't like using the WDH........it's just another step and I am big into eliminating "Steps" at this stage in my life........hence the bigger truck.

I will more than likely be real close on maxing out the "Payload" rating on the truck (1500#) but I think thats pretty hard to avoid for most of us. My MAIN concern is the ability to stop the load that I am carrying, in the event of an emergency.