View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #10
M&M Hokie

Just to add to the chorus, I store mine in the garage with at least the forward two jacks down if only to take the tongue weight so that I can swing the hitch. I am probably 50/50 on whether the rear jacks are down. My TM typically gets used every 2-3 weeks between April and September and then sparingly during the winter months. However, it still gets moved in and out of the garage during the winter months so that I can play with, er work on, it.

As for damaging the stabilizer jacks by using them, I am a bit skeptical. Damage from snow loading seems like it would affect other things before the stabilizer jacks became the weak spot. If wind loading is the concern, isn't the whole rig at risk of damage? If your jacks are installed like mine, replacing a damaged one is probably the easiest repair one could have to do to the TM. But wouldn't conditions which would "damage" a stabilizer jack cause issues with jack stands as well? If the wind is strong enough to bend a stabilizer jack, wouldn't it be enough to dislodge the TM from the top of a jack stand too?